Sider

lørdag den 27. august 2011

Gia Marie Carangi

"Life and death. Energy and peace... If I stopped today, it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I have made, and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul. It was worth it for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, though it, in it and above..." Gia Marie Carangi

“I had a lot of fun times with her,’ he said. “But, basically, if you told Gia black, she would say white. If you told her to go left, she would go right. If you told her to sit there, she would stand. Whatever you told her to do, she would do the opposite and she did it to the biggest people in this business. They didn’t know what hit them. They’d never seen anything like it. Normally, girls are like ‘Fuck me, fuck me, I’ll do anything for you.’ Gia was just ‘fuck you.’


“I had never met anybody who did it in the way that she did. It was so totally self-destructive — it was the way she dealt with herself too. But she’d put a knife to your throat if you told her that. She had this anger, you know, this tremendous anger. It took a lot of ducking and diving to put up with her. She had to see you weren’t going to hit her back. I didn’t need to hit her: she was doing it all for me. So I was just her friend. She would take you and pow, just to see what you would do. If you didn’t get mad, then she’d begin to trust. But when she started to trust you, she’d feel guilty, pow, just for no reason.” -Photographer John Stember, from Thing of Beauty by Stephen Fried.
 
".. And I would kiss them every day, and tell them you don't have to be anybody, because I would know that being somebody doesn't make you anybody anyway." Gia Carangi


If you havent watched the movie 'Gia', starring Angelina Jolie as Gia Marie Carangi, DO IT!
It's one of my favorite movies, and Angelina is brilliant when she is portraying Gia (she won a golden globe for that role)... and also you get to know the person Gia, if you dont know her.

She was one of the first supermodels, and her career topped in the late 70's and the 80's. Very beautiful and very interesting.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar